Monday, August 24, 2009

Weston's first day

Oh, my baby is SO big. Although he does look like he is going to be eaten alive by the enormous abckpack, he is still so big. He has been so excited to go to school this year. This kid just loves learning and loves friends so to him the idea of school is just AWESOME! I got a couple pictures of him heading out as we waled to school. This picture he is showing off his totally cool packpack. I had my friend Cindy help me embroider his name across the pocket and he loves it. He is so proud of his new backpack.

When we got to his classroom we found his "cubby" and took his shoes out and all of that first day stuff and then I bent over to hug him goodbye and my dang eyes started leaking! What the heck? I wasn't ready for that at all. I mean, I hear of it all the time....you know, the mom that's just sobbing because her baby is all grown up and ready to face the world without her. I am just not typically that mom. I am all about my kids getting out there and facing the world and learning with all new experiences....or so I thought. Apparently I have some sappiness in me too. When he grabbed me and hugged me sooo tight (not because he was scared, but because he was so excited) that was all it took. My eyes filled up almost instantly! Luckily there was no heavy shaking or sobbing invovled, just a tear or 2, but still! I should have known. I should have been more prepared.
I am so proud of Weston. He is such a good kid all around and has such an amazing personality. Everyone around him wants to be his friend, he is so smart, he is a good example and loves choosing the right, and he is (almost) always happy. My most favorite thing about him is his laugh. The way it sounds, how often he laughs, how easily he laughs...he is such a happy little (big) guy. He is going to LOVE this new world of his.


4 comments:

Nate and Jill said...

He does look so grown up. What an exciting adventure! Did he have a great time?

Melissa said...

OH so fun!!!! I can't believe how fast he has grown up! He is such a HANDSOME guy! And wow... can't believe you teared up! But how could you not?!? Your little boy is growing up too fast! Anyways, i hope he had a good first day! And I hope mom survived! Love ya!

Mary said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how handsome he is! I can remember when you were potty training him and he was so excited about his cars underwear! Admit it though, it's nice to just have two kids in the house for just a few hours isn't it?

Cheri said...

He is such an awesome kid! Really cute post, I love those sappy mom moments.