Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

So my Birthday was onthe 29th and the girls wanted to clelbrate with something CRAZY F-U-N! Not just your everyday fun, but Kari FUN! (That is totally different by the way!) So the girls arranged for all of us to get some shopping done first at Old Navy (yep, I love me some Old Navy sales!), then we went to dinner at Chili's (probably one of my most favorite places to eat, lame and boring I know, but I just LOVE their food. It is all sooo good!), and then after dinner they surprized me with a KARAOKE NIGHT! (I love to get up in front of people to sing. It is such a rush and yet still so much fun!) Let me tell you, no other night could have been more "me" than that night. I had so much F-U-N! Thanks to all of my awesome friends :) In this picture, Cindy, Jenny, Cheri and Karla are singing me Happy Birthday. Maaret is behind the camera taking the picture.

Karla, Me, Jenny, Cindy, and Maaret around the table at the Karaoke bar writing down what songs we wanted to sing.


(below) Me, Karla and Cheri at Chili's


Maaret, Cindy and Jenny at Chili's

I'm singing "Lucky" by Britney Spears. Karla and I thought it would be funny if I sang it and she acted like the chic in the video. It was pretty funny for the first half of the song, but then poor Karla had to just sit there and act like she was crying the whole rest of the time.


Karla, oh Karla. She is something else. She struts on the stage like she owns it!


These to pics are of Jenny and I singing the song "mouth". I was sure that I knew the song so I offered to sing it with her, I just had forgotten what the song was about. Remember the lyrics? "when I kiss your mouth I wanna taste it. Turn you upside down, don't wanna waste it." Then it goes on about turning him on and ......well, I couldn't stop laughing once I finally figured out what I was supposed to be singing.



Cheri and Karla going to town! These girls rocked it out!

Me, Jenny, Cindy and Maaret. I have no idea which song we are singing, but it looks like it was a good one :)

Jenny and Maaret

Cheri, Cindy and Maaret

I have some seriously awesome friends here! So awesome, that it is making me want to NOT go home for the Holidays at all when Clayton deploys. I love these girls...and I just can't get enough of them!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

F-U-N! Glad you had a good one!

Mary said...

Looks like you had so much fun!!

The Mattesons said...

Looks like it was a fun night and a good time was had by all!

Melissa said...

SO. MUCH. FUN!!! Wish I could have enjoyed the night with you! I need some "kari Fun"!!!! I am glad you had a great birthday! I lov eyou girlie!!!!

Tomber's Heaven said...

This looks like a blast! Good friends make everything okay! You look awesome by the way! Happy Birthday!

Cheri said...

I'm glad we were able to plan the night so well for you! It would have been fun regardless however, since that's just what happens when people hang out with you!

I would love for you to stay through the holidays since I'll be staying too!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday!! Wish I could have been there, I LOVE karaoke! Looks like you had a pretty amazing birthday! You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

That really was a great night! I haven't had that much fun in a long time!

Cindy said...

Good times!!