Saturday, January 3, 2009

Brrrrrr COLD!


Well this week for us has been FREEZING!!!!!! It started out at -35 below zero earlier this week, then on New Years Eve it was -46. Today it is -51 degrees....only in the Arctic does it get this cold. Crazy!! Actually I was talking to my dad the other day, it was -40 here and he was mentioning that it was +49 degrees there (for the record, he wasn't complaining, just mentioning it in return:) and then it dawned on me that it is 90 degrees colder here than it is there!! 49 degrees isn't exactly warm, but to me right now, I think I would be in some capris and flip flops! Of coarse -50 degrees is COLD, but really it isn't all that bad. Luckily it is very dry here so there isn't any moisture in the air and there isn't usually any wind. For those reasons alone I think it is actually bareable.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man!!! I can't beleive that! I was dying at like -20! And last week it actually got up to 50 degrees here and I was seriously thinking about putting my capris on. But there was snow so it would have been wet on my feet. But I had all myh windows open, short sleeve shirt and loving the weather. It didn't last long though. Yesterday, -5. BUt still not as cold as you! EEEKKK!

Love ya!

Post some christmas pics!! I am waiting to see!

Melissa said...

Ps What time of day was that at???

Becky said...

Way to cold...Grandma gave Judd and I your blog address. Your family is adorable.

Liz said...

OH MY GOSH. Too cold for me. Yikes!