Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Morning




I know these aren't the best pictures, but I still wanted to post them just to give an image of what our morning was like. It was such a great year for us as parents. Leading up to Christmas, this was the first year that my kids REALLY believed in Santa and the magic of the season. For that reason alone, Christmas was SOOOO fun. My favorite part is when they would start misbehaving I could use the whole "Santa's elves are watching you" line. I remember as a kid myself, that was a true threat...but I wasn't sure if a 5 and a 3 year old would really feel the threat as well as I remember. Oh, YES!!! December overall was a fairly calm month in the Bodkin home! Unfortunately we are back to normal. Fighting over the new toys and trying to save the toys from Hannah's slobber!
Christmas morning was wonderful too. Weston and Kaiden actually came into our room and woke us up first before going downstairs. (Christmas Eve we briefed them on this and made it very clear that that is our rule. No running downstairs to rip open presents without mom and dad and Hannah there.) I wasn't sure if the briefing would work, but they surprized us at 6:00 whispering over and over, "Santa came! We were good boys. Santa came! Santa Came!!" Weston's favorite present was his real bow and arrows. Kaiden's favorite present was his Bulldozer tractor. He calls it a tractor with a (snow) plow. Hannah's favorite present is her stroller with 2 babies.


2 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like a great Christmas in the Bodkin house! Merry (late) Christmas!

emily and Nate said...

how cute is that little night gown! I love christmas morning pictures, you can almost feel the excitment just from looking at them. really nice bags, I want one!