
3 years in a row I have been blessed and treated by my hubby to let me leave for 3 days and go on a girls only trip to Denali, Alaska. This year, Clayton even offered to watch my friend Cindy's 4 kids so she and Casey, my sister, could go. Each year, the planning gets better and this year the trip was just perfect! I had SUCH a good time!! We left Friday evening to drive there to a beautiful cabin that overlooked the Nenana River and the Denali Mountains. There was a group of 14 girls that stayed the first night. We did pedicures, and talked, and muched on a bunch of junk food, and laughed, and gabbed some more....until 3 am. It was so nice being selfish and irresponsible for a night. (while Clayton was somehow getting 7 kids to sleep all on his own :) )
So above is some of the group. I don't have a picture with everyone yet. (Hopefully that will get emailed to me soon....hint, hint!) Left to right, top then bottom Mandy Betka, Tana Wyman, Cindy Brown, Me, Allie Monson, Kasey Roberts, Jill Craig, Sara Stamm, Maaret Ingram and Allison Roundy. What a fun bunch!!

So, for Saturday I had planned for all of us to go for a hike in the morning and then whitewater rafting later in the afternoon. Above is Casey and I at this really pretty lookout point. She flew in just a couple days before this trip, so the schedule was perfect! I am so glad she got to meet my friends and they got to meet her too!
Below are two girls that I just love! Cindy and Jill (we missed you Ashley!!!) at the lookout point also.

Casey riding a black bear. Awww, don't judge! She hadn't been in Alaska long enough to know that the black bear are the mean ones! She still thought the were cute and cuddly.

Jill and a moose hat. Cute Jill. Let's send this picture to Nathaniel!

Cindy and Casey kissing a moose. That is a big thing here, kissing moose.

I guess she couldn't resist the urge!

Neither could we!

Oh, how I look forward to the Denali trip each year, and this was my last one! Oh it just kills me to move sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I am beyond excited to go to Germany, but I will miss all of my great friends here! I just love these girls!!!
2 comments:
Love you too. Alaska memories will always be connected with my fabulous friend Kari!
UGH!! I'm so sad I missed it this year! I'm most jealous of the 3 am late night laughing. I SO would have loved that! I love the crazy pics in the shop. Glad you have a great time! I miss all you girls so much!
Post a Comment