Friday, July 2, 2010

Kaiden is parctically a grown up now!

Well, I have been trying to upload a video file of proof, but it is too large. I am going to have to get a picture for proof!

KAIDEN HAS NO TRAINING WHEELS!!!!!

Man oh man, I can not tell you how many looks I get when people see him riding by. Every morning, the kids and I go for a 5 mile walk. Well, the rule has been set that if the child wants to ride their bike, they can't have training wheels. It really didn't take Kaiden very long to master this "no training wheels" thing! He has always been very determined AND competitive, so when I told him that Weston was 5 when he learned how to ride w/o his training wheels, Kaiden was all about 1 uping Weston on that one (he's 4)! And he did! I think I told him on a Thursday, and not even a week later he was on two wheels with perfect balance and stopping too. So, I let him go on the 5 mile walk or now bike ride for him. I didn't think he would make it the whole way, but I was seriously proven wrong! He did great!! But, like I said, I get a ton of looks when we walk/ride past....constuction workers, neighbors, people driving by....most of them give him a thumbs up or else they just stop and stare. I have had a couple of people actually stop and ask me how old he is. Kaiden especially likes that. He talks about it for days, "Mom. Did you hear that construction man ask how old I am? He thinks I am awesome, huh mom?" "Yes! Yes he does!" Well, my little midget, I think you are awesome too! I am clearly a very proud mama.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

He is impressive on that thing! How awesome!