He would have taken Hannah in his back pocket if he could have. Not that he wouldn't have taken us all, but Hannah just loves and adores him and it is heartbreaking to know what pain she is going to face with out her special daddy. He is her world and her life and he is the only one that brings out her true happiness. I am totally ok with that, I have 2 boys, I understand their connection. Clinging on to Kaiden and Kaiden holding on so tight right back. He is taking this the worst out of all of us so far. As far as Kaiden understands and knows, daddy is going to help out in the war. War to him is Lamanite Armies, Stripling Warriors, Nephites and all the battles that we read about and the Living Scripture movies that we let them watch. Kaiden just doesn't understand that his daddy won't have a sword or a gun and be on the front line defending his life. Clayton is going to be in an office doing his everyday contracting job with all the paperwork that it entails. I bet he would rather be holding the sword and shield though, probably a whole lot more fun!
Weston on the other hand does understand that he won't see his daddy for a LONG time. He is a lot like me in the sense that when something inside his heart is hurting, he doesn't want to face it. He pulls away and turns his head and tries not to think about it. Clayton and him have had a HUGE bonding experience recently so I think this was super tough on poor Weston. I am just waiting for his meltdown.


5 comments:
I love those moments too. When everyone truly shows how much they love each other and you get a glimpse of the forever family you'll have when all has been made perfect. Very sweet! Clayton and you guys will be in our prayers of course! I guess you'll be posting more often now. Yea!
I remember when Derek deployed, those few moments before he boarded the plane were so precious to me. Those pictures are so cute and show so much emotion. You guys will be in our prayers!
Don't make me cry!!
Thank you for sharing with us kari, we love and appreciate all our soldiers! Keep your head up while hes gone (:
What priceless photos and comments you have shared with us. Here's to hoping the next 6 months fly by for your family.
Post a Comment