Thursday, September 24, 2009

Positive, happy memories of this past summer

We woke up this morning to a nice and beautiful blanket of snow. I am beyond sad when it comes to the snow. I do love snow, it is beautiful and it reminds me of Christmas time, but I am just not ready for it yet. It is only the middle of September for crying out loud! Either way, I found myself reminising of this summer. I had such an amazing summer! I haven't been able to share much because of my camera (or lack there of), so I thought I would go down memory lane for a bit. Maybe give you something to wish for next summer!
I am apologizing now for the order of the pics. I have been uploading for over an hour and I am just ready for bed.

Some pics of white water rafting. I went alone on a weekend getaway to Denali with a group of girls. It was SO much fun. This is a raft "high five" and we are "drifting" in glacial meltoff. I think the water temp was just above freezing. Yes, it WAS cold.
My kid-os love playing at the park. We have the best park on base across the street from my house, it is perfect.
Girls camp. Oh these are some of my Mia Maids. I miss them. I am now the Primary Chorister, which I do love too, but this pic just makes me miss my girls.
Mmmmm, popsicles.


More Denali rafting pics. These are all the girls that went and stayed over night.
My first REAL run. It is the midnight sunrun which is a 10k. My time was 58:09!

Clayton dipnetting for some salmon! Go, baby GO!

The first of MANY!!!!!!


Park time in Valdez, AK when we went camping with the Gerwig family.

What 1 year old can do this by themselves? She climbed all the way up there over and over and over again. She is fearless. She scares the living tar out of me too! Apparently I must have been pretty bad as a child to deserve this kind of stuff.
bubbles, definately a summer time treat.
Our family at a minor league hockey game. I sang the National Anthem for it.
Valdez pictures. Most were taken on our glacier and wildlife cruise we went on,


Clayton deep sea fishing for Halibut.
Valdez's Bridal Veil waterfall.
We spent at least 2 days a week at the "fake beach" this summer. My kids got VERY tan for being Alaskans.

Clayton and I went canoeing with the ward.

I had baby birds living in my dead plant. It hung right in front of my front door, but I couldn't move it because of the nest. I was SO thrilled to watch my babies grow. The went from hatched to flying in about 3 weeks. It was much faster than I would have expected.



googles. only in the summertime.
mmmm, corn on the cob. it's the best in the summer
train rides.
beach bum
ice cream
more park time
chitina river. a.k.a. the best salmon fishing spot!all the hard work payed off! this is the best food ever.

RASPBERRIES!

riding bikes on 2 or 4 wheels

Denali National Park
Clayton and his dads moose hunting spot. Hmmm, I forgot a picture of the moose. That is another good thing about the summers! And of coarse, 4 wheeler rides.

5 comments:

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

You've got me TOTALLY missing Alaska now. Summer was Always full of good times. I'm a little sad for you that the snow has already begun. Summers are never long enough anyway but SNOW Already?! You should just come to ID now. Our highs are still in the 80's.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is so many things you did. I would love to do all that. You seem to have had some crazy fun times. I don't think I did half of that stuff. Alaska is Beautiful! Seriously it has so many good things. Miss you and I really want to talk to you sometime! I will have to try and call you maybe.

emily and Nate said...

what a fun post! Alaska is gorgeous and it looks like your family have made some great memories

Melissa said...

WOW!!! Now I want to come to Alaska even more! YOu have some beautful pictures! And of course you have beautiful children! Looks like you are taking full advantage of the salmon! YUM! I would love some of that right now.

Anyways... post more pics! And tell clayton congrats on his moose!
Love ya!

Cheri said...

I love it that I was somehow involved in most of those activities! We sure had a fun summer! I love the way you compiled it all, really cute!