Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Eve Jammies

Every year as a child I had so many friends that opened a gift on Christmas Eve and I was always so jealous. My family did a ton of really neat traditions, but that wasn't one of them. I did decide Clayton and I's first year of marriage that this would be a tradition of ours. I like it. It's exciting and fun and gets the kids all excited to go to bed and wake up in the morning. Our Christmas Eve gifts aren't anything out of the usual, we do the standard Christmas PJ's. This year however was a bit different. The past few years my mom has made my kids their jammies to open. This year, she was really sick and found some on sale instead, can't blame her. SO, I attempted to sew for my family this year. I know I must have at least a smidge of my mom's amazing seamstress abilities, but I really have never tried to use it. (Well, at least I don't count scrunchies, pillows and curtains as really trying.) So, with the help of my good friend Cindy, I did it! I made each of my kids fleece PJ pants and Clayton some cozy flannel ones too! I followed a pattern and I even got it! I am so proud of myself. I can't wait to do something else :)

Hannah opening up her jammies first.
Now it's Kaiden's turn.
And Weston's turn. DId I forget to mention that the jammies were themed? Yeah, I like the Colts Football team so I am trying to brainwash my family as well...yep, even Clayton's pants were all blue with a Colt's horseshoe symbol embroidered on the hip. I know, I know...you don't have to say it...
So I got them each a matching shirt too! Well....they had to match! Hannah isn't wearing her pants. The only shirt they had in her size was to a pink Colt's jammies set. She wanted to wear all pink so she's obviously wearing the set.
The best part about all of this was that Clayton had no idea that I had done any of this. It was a neat surprize for him too!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Wow, you are awesome! I'm so impressed and what a cute theme!