Friday, January 15, 2010

The good and the bad!!!

Alright, bad news first. Leave it to my sweet little girl to be the one who slips in the tub and busts her chin open! Call me crazy, but I would so much rather it was one of my boys ending up with this scar for the rest of their lives. I just don't like it on her pretty face. Ok, that does make me horrible! I would never wish this on anyone!
These were taken about 10 minutes after she fell. I was able to get the bleeding to stop for a bit, at least long enough to get a picture for Clayton. I knew he would want to see. This is also the point where I was able to see that we definately needed to go to Urgent Care and get some stitches!
Leaving the Urgent Care center. She was a real trooper during the stitches. They strapped her completely down of coarse but she still fought for her life. Anyone who really knows Hannah (Claire), knows she's a squirmy fighter!!! Finally the nurses asked her if she could hold still just for a sec. She said, "Ok, sorry." Then the doc went to stitch her up and she flipped out!!! Moving, wiggling, screaming...all the while she is apologizing for moving. She did this like 6 or 7 times in a row before they were finally able to get 3 stitches in. They called it quits after that even though they would have liked 1 or 2 more. Overall, she did great. I couldn't have asked for more.
She has bandaid phobias so of coarse the bandaid didn't last very long. Here she is showing off her new "owie". Please ignore the awesome photography, like I said she is a wiggler. This is one of the few that weren't blurry.
Grin and bare it, just grin and bare it....
Good news time! Her hair is officially growing!!! This is such a huge step especially since she is a couple of weeks away from being 2. I had to show her curls off too. I love how they are forming into little ringlets. So beautiful!!!!

Oh, and she FINALLY smiles for a picture instead of winces! I am so, SO happy about that too!!

No comments: